Job Vacancy: Digital Accessibility and Analytics Specialist
Who we are
Since 2006, Path has been helping non-profit, arts, culture and heritage and public-sector organisations to make the most of their digital presence.
We are passionate about web accessibility and inclusive design and want to bring this to the forefront of all our work.
We continue to work with our clients to optimise the value that they get from their website and extend the lifespan of their site far beyond industry norms.
We always work with the best interest of the client at heart, with transparency and responsibility.
We never just leap in. We ask the right questions. We take time to understand the problem before solving it.
We are uncompromising about quality. We don't cut corners or accept second best.
Digital Accessibility, Analytics, and Client Support Specialist
The role has three main aspects:
- Web Accessibility
- Digital Analytics
- Website Support
We are offering this as a full-time position combining all 3 aspects in the role. We envisage the work would typically be split evenly between the 3 aspects of the role each week, however, this may vary depending on client requirements.
While no specific third-level qualifications are required, we are looking for a candidate that can bring expertise in GA4 and Google Tag Manager to the role, and is passionate about making websites more accessible and inclusive for everyone. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills, even better.
Training will be provided on other aspects of the role as required.
- Setup and implementation of Google Analytics 4, Tag Manager and Search Console for our clients' websites
- Customise and monitor Analytics reports
- Provide support and training to clients on using their analytics effectively
- Pro-actively keep up-to-date with new developments and best practice is digital analytics
- Assessing websites for adherence to WCAG accessibility standards
- Testing websites and digital content with assistive technologies (eg, JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver)
- Creating reports and present outcomes of accessibility assessments to clients
- Educate clients on accessibility awareness and on creating accessible web content
- Work closely with the team on implementing accessibility improvements to websites
- Pro-actively keep up-to-date with web accessibility guidelines and best practice
- Support our clients in updating their website content using Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Respond to telephone calls and emails in a timely manner
- Escalate issues internally with the relevant team members and following up to ensure issues are fully resolved
- Act on requests from other team members within the company
- Update customers in a confident and reassuring manner
- Assist the team with content migration and testing of websites prior to launch
- Undertake ongoing health checks of websites for quality assurance
Skills and experience
If you are someone who is fastidious about accuracy and prides themselves on identifying issues that others may miss, this role will be a great fit for you.
You must be a problem solver as well as a hands-on doer – that’s important.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience working in a professional environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in Google Analytics (GA4), Google Search Console, and Google Tag Manager
- Familiarity using digital platforms such as Wordpress, MailChimp, Shopify and similar.
- Be comfortable speaking to customers by telephone and by email and be able to communicate in a professional manor
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- Be eager to learn with a good work ethic
- Have fluent written and spoken English and be based in Ireland (please note as a micro-business we are unable to support relocation expenses)
Non-essential skills and qualifications:
- An accessibility certification or qualification
- A Google Analytics Academy certification
How to apply
Send your CV and a brief cover letter on why you are a good fit for the role to email@example.com
Applications will remain open until the right candidate is found, however, we are hoping to fill the position as soon as possible. If it sounds like the right job for you – don't delay in getting in touch!
This role is being offered as a full-time position based in our offices in Dublin city centre, however, we are open to discussing flexible hours, part-time, and remote working with the right candidate.
Salary depending on experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Date posted: 10th November 2022